The benchmark indices, Nifty and Sensex, end the year with small gains. But, amid volatile times, Teji Mandi portfolios have offered you good returns in 2022. Let’s explore Teji Mandi portfolios’ performance.
The year 2022 was a challenging one. Everyone was puzzled between the riddles of uncertainty and volatility. We went through times of high inflation, geo-political conflicts and a sharp rise in interest rates. However, the Indian economy has been able to withstand them better than other economies.
As we stand by the end of the year, most global indices tumbled, but the Indian benchmark indices stayed resilient and ended with small gains like an oasis in the desert.
Even during the bumpy ride, our portfolio strategy helped us pass through the volatility of the markets.
So, without further delay, here’s a glimpse of Teji Mandi’s portfolios performance in 2022.
Best Performing Stocks From Both of Our Portfolios
This year, three stocks from the Teji Mandi Flagship portfolio and two stocks from the Teji Mandi Multiplier portfolio have offered returns of above 50%.
Teji Mandi Flagship Portfolio:
- The best-performing stock from our Flagship portfolio is Max Health which has offered a return of a whopping 109% from the buying price of Rs 206.75.
- The second-best performer is ICICI Bank which offered a return of 108% while booking profits from the buying price of Rs 442.55.
- The third-best-performing stock is Deepak Fertilisers which has offered a return of 55.04% while booking profits from the buying price of Rs 564.95.
Teji Mandi Multiplier Portfolio:
- The best-performing stock from our Multiplier portfolio is Persistent Systems which we bought for Rs 1,772.55 and has offered a return of a whopping 136.10% while booking profits.
- The second-best performer is Butterfly Gandhimathi Appliances Ltd which has offered a return of 60% from the buying price of Rs 862.15 while booking profits.
Returns Offered by Our Portfolios
Teji Mandi Flagship portfolio offered an absolute return of 91.91% since inception, whereas the benchmark Nifty multi-cap has offered a return of 58.41% in the same duration.
In the last six months, the flagship portfolio has offered an absolute return of 18.21%, while the benchmark Nifty multi-cap offered a mere 12.13% returns in the same duration.
If we look at the Teji Mandi Multiplier portfolio, it has offered an absolute return of 82.74% since inception. In contrast, the benchmark Nifty smallcap 100 could offer a mere 18.11% return during the same time. Moreover, the portfolio has offered an absolute return of 12.88% in the last six months, whereas the benchmark Nifty smallcap 100 has offered a return of 8.23% during the same duration.
Rebalancing the Portfolio
We have a mix of tactical bets and long-term winners in our portfolio. Accordingly, we follow two types of rebalancing strategies. Strategic rebalancing is where we focus on the long-term goals while maintaining the proportion of the original portfolio. Tactical rebalancing is where we actively focus on managing the assets in the short term.
Moreover, we thoroughly find opportunities across the Nifty 500 and shortlist the ones that fit our investment criteria. After understanding the fundamentals of a stock and analysing competitors and sectors, we plan to rebalance our portfolio.
We have rebalanced the Teji Mandi Flagship portfolio 14 times and the Teji Mandi Multiplier portfolio six times in the last year.
Learnings From the Market in 2022
The market is filled with noise, which grows louder with volatility and uncertainty. But, if you stay immune to intermittent volatility and stay invested in quality stocks, the markets will reward you in the long term.